Here is a list of challenges that are now CLOSED, but that MizB has hosted in the past:
Be Inspired Reading Challenge (2009)
* choose ONE self-improvement-type book (be it for weight-loss, finances, clutter-control, spirituality, or whatever), and read it between January 1 and March 31st, 2009
* take one or more principles from the book that INSPIRED you to make a change, and actually APPLY it in your life bewteen April 1st and December 31st, 2009!
Classics Challenge 2009
Read 4 “Classics” between January 1st and December 31st, 2009
* Overlaps with other challenges ARE allowed
* eBooks and Audiobooks ARE allowed
Christian Readers Challenge (2009)
Title Master Reading Challenge (2008)
The Title Master Reading Challenge is to read at least 4 books whose titles have every word starting with the same letter
“Bad Boy Brawly Brown” by Walter Mosley
“The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield.
Examples of titles that DO NOT fit this challenge are:
“Fatima’s Good Fortune“
“Fast Food Nation“
“Girl Meets God“
“Pride and Prejudice“
“Good Girls Gone Bad” … etc.
* You may choose titles that begin with “The” but NOT titles that begin with “A” or “An” (unless the rest of the words in the title begin with the letter “A”)
* EVERY word in the title must begin with the same letter
* Titles MUST be at least 2 words long
* Books on your list ARE allowed to overlap with other challenges